Artist Doug Carter," MORNING " 7 X 5 Oil Painting .
Color, Color , Color what you can do with sky color is amazing . I love playing and exploring the possibilities when painting skies. Have a Great day today Enjoy.
Doug Carter Artist , Oil Painting 5 X 7. "Purple Haze "
Something fun and very different that's what I wanted when painting this lake scene. Nocturnal with just enough light to keep the flame going . As you can tell still having name issues and yet this one fit somewhat well.
How do you name a painting that does it service. When the subject is beyond our ability to comprehend .
I have no idea how your able to paint something so massive on a small canvas and still do it justice.
I am pleased how this turned out however I need help naming it.
1. Use a viewfinder or cropping mattes to explore different compositions and proportions. There are lots of tools out there and apps for your phone and ipad.
EasyL, AccuView and ValueViewer are just a few.
2. Choose a proportion based on your idea, don’t settle for what your canvas size or paper size is. If your idea doesn’t work with what you have available, then do something different!
3. Eliminate and edit. You don’t need or want to include everything! Leave out what is not important or essential to your idea.
4. Group elements of similar value together to develop 3 to 5 large shapes or patterns. The thumbnail really helps us here!
5. Establish a focal point or area of interest.
6. Do a line sketch then develop a value study or notan with markers, pencil or whatever you like to use.
7. Once you’ve settled on a sketch you like, be sure to scale up the sketch in proportion for your final version. This is an important step that we sometimes forget! Your final won’t look the same if it’s not the same proportion, so if it’s a square sketch, don’t stretch it to the 8x10 canvas size you happen to have!
Doug Carter, Artist, 7 X 5 Oil Painting,
I have taken the same scene and painted this one called " Fall Trails" and have also done one called "Summer Trails". I haven't done a spring or winter one yet do you think I should.?
Doug Carter, Artist, 7 X 5 Oil Painting,
I have taken the same scene and painted this one as "Summer Trails" and have also done one a "Fall Trails". I haven't done a spring or winter one yet do you think I should.?
Doug Carter Artist,. RELAXING 10 X 8
Everyday beauty can be found and seen if you can just stop and relax and then it will show up. I just thought this was the best setting for anyone to feel comfortable in. Very inviting and welcoming, the play with the light and the colors . Take up a chair and tell me how you feel about this one.
Doug Carter Artist,. Embrace 5 X 7
Take the day and what it has for you and make the best of it . You will never see it again and it is full of beauty you just have to stop lone enough to see it . When you do life will become more rich and full of wounder. That's what I try to do every day and sometimes I succeed at it. One of the hardest things to teach students is to see whats in front of them so they can paint the moment.
Doug Carter Artist,. TRANQUIL 7 X 5 .
My time of refreshing is when I look at a quiet stream or pond and can only hear nature talking to me. Found this pond and it was so peaceful and tranquil to me. Still working on the photo part of posting a paintings with the added white boarders trust me they are not crook it, like it seems here. Just adds a great finishing touch to the painting.
When its spring and the rain stops everything starts to bloom,. The lush green fields the streams are full and overflowing. Even the air seems alive and helps us see the colors and life becomes new again. What I like most about this painting is the contrast of last years hay and this years new growth. The colors and the feeling of newness is this even a word ? Take a walk with me into this field and look listen and enjoy.
Bluebonnets they can be tricky yet fun to paint still working on them . I have lived in Texas and have not painted many at all. Sure do like they feel of this one would go good with the other painting before this.
"UPWARD" By Artist Doug Carter, 5 X 7.
Texas has been very wet lately now that the rain has stopped everything is blooming . The scenes are breathtaking as you can tell here. The bluebonnets are cumming out and the hills are full of color. Trying something new with taping a boarder onto the boards to add a classic touch to the art. Email me any comments and questions.
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen;