Doug Carter Artist, " Full View " 2 @ 7 X 5 ,.
Actually painted the view on the right first and it was quite mysterious . Curiously wanted to see the full view of the area and painted the other side to complete the picture. This is quite a picture by itself and as your going to see so are they separately.
Doug Carter Artist, 8 X 10 " BREAKING " Fine Art
The surf, sound and breeze better than anything you can imagine. When you have a wound or a cut there is nothing better to heal you than the Sea water. I Feel the same about the surf it heals the soul. Enjoy your visit through this painting to the healing effect of the ocean.
Doug Carter Artist, " Sky Way " Oil painting board 5 X 7.,
Summer clouds and windy days the things painting are made of. The light is breaking through and the clouds are passing buy. This was a very fun day of painting wish you were there to watch.
If you look at the weather map and look at Texas you know its "Red Hot ". So trying to paint a feeling sometimes is easier than other times. I think I nailed it with this one even thought the sun is setting its still fighting all the way down with the heat. Give me your thought and feedback love to hear from you.
Doug Carter Artist, 7 X 5 oil painting.
" Purple Vale " I see the effect of light trying to come through the vale of the trees creating a combination of the warmth and the coolness of the the shade. Breaking through to the banks of the other side of the lake. What a creative feeling of mystery and peace. I love the expression on this painting and the mood it portrays..
Doug Carter Artist, 5 X 7 Painting on Board.,.
Summer heat makes you look for something refreshing and cooling. Evening beach provides both cooling water and refreshing atmosphere. I want to go back there right now don't you?
Artist Doug Carter," MORNING " 7 X 5 Oil Painting .
Color, Color , Color what you can do with sky color is amazing . I love playing and exploring the possibilities when painting skies. Have a Great day today Enjoy.
Doug Carter Artist , Oil Painting 5 X 7. "Purple Haze "
Something fun and very different that's what I wanted when painting this lake scene. Nocturnal with just enough light to keep the flame going . As you can tell still having name issues and yet this one fit somewhat well.
How do you name a painting that does it service. When the subject is beyond our ability to comprehend .
I have no idea how your able to paint something so massive on a small canvas and still do it justice.
I am pleased how this turned out however I need help naming it.
1. Use a viewfinder or cropping mattes to explore different compositions and proportions. There are lots of tools out there and apps for your phone and ipad.
EasyL, AccuView and ValueViewer are just a few.
2. Choose a proportion based on your idea, don’t settle for what your canvas size or paper size is. If your idea doesn’t work with what you have available, then do something different!
3. Eliminate and edit. You don’t need or want to include everything! Leave out what is not important or essential to your idea.
4. Group elements of similar value together to develop 3 to 5 large shapes or patterns. The thumbnail really helps us here!
5. Establish a focal point or area of interest.
6. Do a line sketch then develop a value study or notan with markers, pencil or whatever you like to use.
7. Once you’ve settled on a sketch you like, be sure to scale up the sketch in proportion for your final version. This is an important step that we sometimes forget! Your final won’t look the same if it’s not the same proportion, so if it’s a square sketch, don’t stretch it to the 8x10 canvas size you happen to have!
Doug Carter, Artist, 7 X 5 Oil Painting,
I have taken the same scene and painted this one called " Fall Trails" and have also done one called "Summer Trails". I haven't done a spring or winter one yet do you think I should.?
Doug Carter, Artist, 7 X 5 Oil Painting,
I have taken the same scene and painted this one as "Summer Trails" and have also done one a "Fall Trails". I haven't done a spring or winter one yet do you think I should.?